Sunday 8 May 2011

The detail void.

I usually do the majority of my design work between 1 and 3 in the morning, it means I am tired enough that I don’t obsess over details and get stuck in the “detail void” but I’m still awake enough to get the measurements right. However I can’t design toys at the moment meaning I’ve had to find something else to fill this time, so I’ve been doing a lot research into art and religion etc etc instead.
I finally think I know where I stand on most of the issues facing artists today.

(wondering what I meant by the “detail void”? If I add to much detail to a toy I find that the detail makes the shape look simplistic, so I either have to make the shape more detailed and make it more of a papercraft than a papertoy or make the graphics simpler. The void is when I get stuck between it looking to realistic and to cartoony. I have to pick one style or another, mixing the two doesn’t work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment